Works in a team setting under the supervision of the Recreation Manager and Recreation Supervisor to provide varied support services to outdoor community events, camps, rentals, and aquatics. The work requires excellent communication and customer service skills due to considerable public contact.
HOURS AND DURATION
7 to 40 hours a week, hours vary on an “as-needed” basis and may include split shifts, weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
Works under the supervision of the Recreation Manager and Recreation Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as a site or event coordinator for various special events, activities, and programs.
- Assist in specific recreation program areas such as camps, classes, or special events.
- Assist with reports, statistics, budgets, and evaluation of camps, classes, and events.
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings as instructed.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Oversees the use, care, and inventory of City supplies.
- Opens and secures the facilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- recreation necessary to offer a variety of activities to the public.
- effective customer service methods.
- maintaining detailed records and reports.
- communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- establishing effective working relationships with City employees and the general public.
- proficient in Creative Cloud.
- work cooperatively with other staff.
- handle multiple requests for assistance in an organized manner.
- write, speak, and visually communicate with others.
- work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- pass a thorough background check and possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record free from serious or frequent violations.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Enrolled in college/university with sophomore standing or above and be able to receive college credit for this internship. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have current First Aid and CPR certification or the ability to obtain them prior to starting work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works indoors and outdoors with a wide variety of age groups from preschool through senior citizens in a variety of recreational activities. Must be able to physically play and demonstrate games, work with arts and craft materials, work outdoors for extended periods of time in all kinds of weather conditions, and be able to respond and react to an emergency in an effective manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and walk; use hands or fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit; climb stairs or ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Outdoor recreational environment is subject to noise, seasonal heat, and adverse weather conditions.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
May work non-standard workweeks and shifts to include split shifts, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the City and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the City and the requirements of the job change over time.
THE CITY OF SAMMAMISH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER