Advancement Marketing & Communications Intern
University Marketing & Advancement Communications
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Location: UW Tower Complex – Washington Commons S4 / Remote work options available
Position Summary: The email marketing intern will assist the digital engagement team with building HTML email messages in Marketo and providing technical troubleshooting assistance. The intern will also have the opportunity to learn about the concept and execution of marketing automation campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete Marketo 101 training, led by University Advancement’s training team
- Use Marketo to build e-communications sent to internal marketing and communications colleagues (e.g., Digital Marketing Town Hall promotional emails, Digital Marketing Newsletter, general notifications)
- Help draft and organize best practices content for solutions portal, UW Brand Portal and the Digital Marketing Newsletter
- Assist with follow-up after consulting meetings with unit partners
- When class schedule and workload allow, attend consulting meetings as a learning opportunity
- Become familiar with Jeto (an add-on to Marketo) and, when class schedule and workload allow, conduct quality assurance reviews of messages submitted via this tool.
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with HTML coding
- Experience using an email marketing tool, such as MailChimp or Constant Contact
- Experience working in a professional environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Passion for marketing technology