2021, Intern Behavior Planner, Prediction, and Router - Machine Learning & Deep learning
Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world's access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully autonomous driving technology. Our software allows the Waymo Driver to perceive the world around it, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Enrolled in a MS/PhD program in CS, Robotics or a related field
- Strong mathematical skill in linear algebra and calculus
- Have machine learning or robotics background
- Experience programming in C++ and/or Python with robust, safety-critical, efficient code
It’s preferred if you have:
- Proficient with tensorflow or similar ML tools
- Experience with Deep Learning Models (e.g. RNN/LSTM, CNN, VAE, GAN, etc.)
- Familiar with LQR and basic game theory