Summer Intern- Inclusion & Diversity
A summer internship is available in the Human Resources Department at the Foster City, CA, campus of Gilead Sciences. The ideal candidate should be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate Program with a Major in Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Communications or Business. The candidate will help support a key strategic program, The Advancing Black Leadership strategy. This intern position is in the Talent, Development and Inclusion function.
Under general supervision, the intern responsibilities may include:
- Provide support in driving key aspects of the Advancing Black Leadership Strategy; may focus on one workstream in order to maximize experience and input.
- Actively participates in Advancing Black Leadership core team meetings, reviews and planning.
- Develop a current knowledge of HR laws, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Prepare HR-related reports and surveys.
- Attend meetings relative to Talent, Development and Inclusion function.
- Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Undergraduate (or graduate student, if applicable) in the or related field enrolled in a 4-year accredited university/college; including enrollment in the Fall Semester after completing the internship
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Workday knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external clients
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality
- Show strong passion for building a career in Human Resources
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between May and September
**Please note, no relocation is available for this position**
If this is not the right move for you now but you remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences, please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/careers/
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.