Senior Research Associate – Patient-Centered Research
Senior Research Associate – Patient-Centered Research
*This position is also open to remote-based pending candidate experience
Provides scientific leadership within project teams either independently and/or collaboratively with research scientists, in the conceptualization and execution of patient-centered research studies. Is lead author, co-author, or internal reviewer of client deliverables, including study protocols, final reports, literature reviews, statistical analysis plans, PRO evidence dossiers, poster presentations, and manuscripts. Has substantial client interactions (face-to-face as well as teleconferences) and provides effective and timely status updates, including issues for escalation. Formulates project work plans, ensures project timelines are met within scope and budget, and are aligned with client expectations. Trains and mentors junior level staff. Responsible for all aspects of project management, through delegation to the RA3 level and below.
Key Skills and Attributes
· Understanding of health outcomes research principles and familiarity with key aspects of the literature (historical and current)
· Ability to manage or direct large portfolio of projects in terms of dollar volume and number of projects
· Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation (IRB process, data collection and management, knowledge about developing and executing an analysis plan-qualitative and quantitative)
· Understanding of relevant qualitative and quantitative methodology
· Demonstrates ability to work well within diverse project teams
· Excellent communication and scientific writing skills, as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, technical reports, or other scholarly work
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of regulatory guidance documents and scientific guidelines (FDA guidance; FDA qualification documentation; dossier outline; EMA guidance resources; ISPOR Task Force Documents, etc)
· Understanding of instrument development and validation process
· Able to draft abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts
· Able to conceptually fit individual scientific tasks together to determine how the overall scientific goal will be achieved
· Proficient in methodology around ePRO and translations
· When presented with qualitative data, able to design an analysis plan and generate a report fit for client submission
· When reviewing instrument development literature, able to identify gaps between the development and the FDA guidance
· Able to successfully communicate with and advise clients
o Can conceptualize and draft, or lead, a complete proposal based on a client idea or RFP.
· Able to demonstrate advanced scientific leadership and direction to project teams
· Able to identify staff resources required for efficient teams, present the scope of work, and execute the scope by providing direction and feedback to that team
· Managing internal timelines to ensure that deliverables meet external client timelines
· Managing internal budget/staff hours per project not to exceed contracted budget
· Knowledge of project management systems (electronic and paper filing, SOP requirements, finance office practices, IRB needs, etc)
· Ensure project compliance with paper and electronic filing.
Financial & Business Development
· Lead, review, and finalize project proposals, including budget
§ Modify proposals in response to client requests for changes and scientific insight for client’s strategic needs.
· Independently develop follow-on business with existing clients
· Meets annual target utilization rate of 70%-75%, unless otherwise specified
PCR Operations Support
· Attends and presents at scientific conferences
· Develops and presents internal scientific trainings
· Participates in staff recruitment efforts (phone screening, interviewing, attending presentations, etc)
· Conforms to SOPs and other Evidera/PPD requirements
· Participate in special assignments (e.g. job descriptions, handbook updates, SOP scientific consulting)
· Supervises mid-level scientific staff
· Developing client relationships
· Begin to understand pharmaceutical industry and relationship between divisions as they relate to HE/OR groups
· Begin to understand FDA structure and reviewing divisions
· Provide scientifically rigorous deliverables that best help clients meet their objectives
· Work with PI to help identify scientific methods/plans that help clients meet their goals as well as those that will not help clients meet their goals
· Assist PIs in preparing clients for regulatory meetings
Minimum Education Level/Years of Experience
· Doctorate Degree (e.g. PhD; D.Ph.; Pharm D) in science discipline; or
· Master’s degree in science discipline, with at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant field; or
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years’ experience in a relevant field
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
· Customer Focus
· Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.