Real Estate/GIS Intern
At Seattle City Light, we power Seattle. As a municipally owned utility, public service is at the core of our mission. We are dedicated to delivering customers affordable, reliable, and environmentally responsible electricity services. City Light is a recognized national leader in energy efficiency and environmental stewardship and strives to fulfill its mission in a socially responsible manner.
Real Estate Services, a unit within the Environment, Land Use, and Licensing Business Unit is responsible for the acquisition, disposition, and management of City Light owned properties and rights of way throughout Washington.
The Real Estate/GIS intern in this role will be responsible for research and data collection for special assignments; coordinate and participate in various related activities; direct and coordinate special programs or projects; coordinate and support a variety of general office functions.
The intern will also perform routine real estate functions, such as writing and interpreting legal descriptions, reviewing appraisal reports, researching property and property rights, preparing reports and maintaining records.
During this internship, the intern will be specifically responsible for:
- Data management and research
- Routine real estate functions; lease/permits reviews
- Records research and qualifications
- Reading and interpreting real property legal descriptions
This internship will benefit the student through the following learning objectives:
- Gain experience with the range of government functions and regulations specific to real estate
- Expand professional network with both government agencies and local and national firms
- Develop professional skills in office management and dynamic work environments
This position is open to sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate students (as of the start of the internship) studying Business, Architecture, Engineering, Environment, Finance, Public Administration, GIS, or a related field.
Undergraduate students must possess at least a 2.0 GPA at the time of application and throughout the internship. The student must be enrolled in accredited college courses, with a part-time or full-time course load, leading to a degree or certificate relevant to the internship.
Desired Qualifications: Database management, MS suite, Real Estate coursework.
Internship Duration and Hours:
The time frame of the internship will be June 2021 to June 2022. The candidate must be available to work 40 hours/week during the summer and up to 20 hours/week when classes are in session. Work hours will be flexible to accommodate the intern's academic schedule. This position may be extended for up to two years based on student performance and eligibility.
How to Apply:
To complete your application, submit the online form with the following attachments:
- Resume tailored to the position
- Cover letter explaining how your coursework, activities, and experience qualify you for this internship
- Your unofficial transcript - including current coursework, next term registration (if available at the time of application), and cumulative GPA
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check which includes criminal history review.
Want to know more about Seattle City Light? Check out our web page: http://www.seattle.gov/light/.