Store Management Executive Development Program
Step outside the cubicle and embark on a leadership journey where you will gain experience developing teams, executing merchandising strategies, and consulting key business partners on strategic initiatives to drive sales growth. In the Store Management Executive Development Program, you’ll learn what it takes to be a successful store manager at Macy’s, and you’ll do it in a position of high visibility and substantial responsibility.
The Macy’s Store Management Executive Development Program (EDP) is a series of rotational experiences designed to develop the leadership, strategic planning, and business management skills necessary to run a multi-million dollar retail business and enable rapid career progression. Through personalized learning experiences and on-the-job training, you’ll develop a global and strategic view of the retail landscape and prepare to rise through the ranks of a Fortune 500 company.
Throughout the approximately 2 year program, you will be exposed to leading several key functions including Sales and Customer Experience, Operations and Visual Merchandising, and Business Administration. All will prepare you for advanced leadership opportunities at Macy’s. During each rotation, you will shadow a leader in that role who is there to support you, ensuring you have the experiences and exposures you need to succeed. You will be paired with mentors who will provide development and personal attention. EDP trainees are given a clear path to advancement with the expectation that you will become a senior leader at Macy’s.
- Experience three unique store management functions over approx. 2 years with mentor and Store Manager support and guidance to prepare for future leadership opportunities.
- Sales and Customer Experience rotation (approx. 9 months): begin to build the foundational skills necessary to service our customers, lead a team, and drive sales.
- Operations and Visual Merchandising rotation (approx. 9 months): learn what it takes to make our stores easy and exciting for our customers to shop, from receiving the product to ensuring it is floor-ready. Build skills in store operations and merchandising.
- Business Administration rotation (approx. 6 months): get direct experience with ‘big picture’ human resources & talent management functions for your store, including interviewing, hiring, staffing, and scheduling – everything it takes to ensure the store runs smoothly.
- Execute management functions by demonstrating strong leadership and communication skills.
- Coach and develop teams of associates and create a customer-focused selling environment.
- Drive sales & profit through a range of different responsibilities, including but not limited to, hiring & developing talent, assisting with daily operation of stores, empowering your team to deliver customer service.
- Drive and exceed sales goals by developing & executing strategies; determine business-driving opportunities
- Analyze trends, identify business opportunities, execute strategies, and collaborate with key partners to influence merchandise selection and placement in store.
- Use tools and analyze documents to forecast workload and allocate resources as needed
- Drive employee engagement & recognition of success.
- Observe and assess merchandise execution processes and identify areas of opportunities; recommend solutions to store
- With a flexible schedule that includes your regular input, you are able to maximize both work/life balance and the ability to run your business effectively.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA minimum is preferred.
- All majors will be considered for this opportunity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Strong business acumen and ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Leadership experience and ability to solve problems and drive results through others.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. May involve close vision, color, vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
· Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern retail business.
· Passion for engaging and leading people. .
· Strong business acumen and results orientation.
· Attention to detail and the ability to execute plans and strategies.
· Organizational skills are crucial to being successful in this role
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Schedules will include working nights, weekends and holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.