Engineering at Nordstrom involves applying scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain scalable and sustainable technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
An Engineer 1 is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions.
• Demonstrates foundational understanding of standards, concepts and principles of engineering to solve practical needs of the business
•Accomplishes assigned projects or significant phases of larger, complex assignments independently
•Contributes to design at the function level, collaborates with local team and has scope/accountability at the function level
• Tests all scenarios and conforms to quality standards at the function level
• Measures and understand local scope at the function level
• Conforms to secure coding practices and secure system fundamentals at the function level
• Familiar with basics of instrumentation at the function level
Displays knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals related to own work. Examples:
• Data structures
• Algorithms and algorithmic complexity
• Data modeling
• Object oriented design concepts
• Network and Internet protocols
• Operating system fundamentals
This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
• Provides amazing experiences for both internal and external customers by identifying needs and striving to meet them
• Follows through on commitments and obligations and uses company resources wisely
• Understands overall business objectives and priorities and how efforts align
• Collaborates, influences and builds consensus through constructive relationships and effective listening
• Solves problems by incorporating data into decision making
• Focuses on solutions and identifies and removes barriers to problem solving
• Adjusts to changing situations and expectations and shows willingness to learn new ways to achieve goals
0- 1 year professional experience preferred, in engineering or related field (may be recent grad)
Relevant practice-specific certifications.
BS or equivalent