Health Consulting Summer Intern - Seattle/Portland
- Do you want your internship to be with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered “Yes” to those two questions – read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer – we believe in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
THE POSITION: HEALTH CONSULTING INTERN
Mercer’s 2,500+ US Health Consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
To learn more about Mercer’s Health practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/health-and-benefits.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
HEALTH CONSULTING INTERN REQUIREMENTS
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in business, math, statistics, economics, health policy or related liberal arts major
- Status as a currently enrolled student; candidates should have an expected graduation date in the Fall of 2021 or Spring of 2022
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0/4.0)
- Legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Collection and analysis of health care claims and utilization data including cost projections and evaluations
- Assist in the Request For Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a clients
- Assist senior consultants to review client needs, suitable approaches and implementation strategies
- Model employee benefits contributions to meet employer objectives
- Help prepare and write client communications, including reports, spreadsheets and presentations
WHAT’S IT IN FOR YOU?
- Provides you an opportunity to work with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies’ health and welfare programs
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We offer several Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that employees can participate in (MMC Pride, Rising Professionals, Racial, Ethnic & Multicultural Diversity) Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. Please submit both a resume and a cover letter. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in over 40 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh, Guy Carpenter , Mercer, Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit http://careers.mmc.com/ follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @lifeatmercer or subscribe to BRINK. For a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.