Data Visualization Intern
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As an intern within the Data Visualization & Design Center of Excellence, you will be a part of a new team driving insights & actions through data exploration, visualization, and data story-telling. You will work closely with data analysts, data scientists, and business experts to create beautiful and meaningful displays of complex information.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce actionable visualizations that help clarify real world business problems
- Design interfaces for exploring information to increase engagement
- Design interfaces for exploring information to increase customer engagement.
- Help us push the visual possibilities & leverage advanced features of business intelligence software such as Power BI
- Apply analytical and business knowledge in real-world setting to solve complex problems
- Access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources
- Present findings in a professional manner to leaders in the organization
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree candidates or PhD candidates in Data Visualization, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience with modern visualization languages & libraries such as JS/D3/P5.
- UX/UI experience desired.
- Passion for design, problem solving, research, quantitative analysis, and analytical working techniques
- Extremely organized with high attention to details.
- *WILL WORK REMOTELY FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE
Build a strong career foundation with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.