Youth Therapist / Clinician II (EVERETT/MONROE)
Compass Health is currently looking for a Youth Therapist / Clinician II for our Cocoon Program. The Youth Therapist provides a range of clinically indicated services, including but not limited to individual psychotherapy, group therapy, family therapy, and case management services for children/youth who are residents at specific Cocoon facilities, including Cocoon East County teen shelter, regarding behavioral health conditions. This position is responsible for assessing client/family functioning and needs, and partnering with the Cocoon staff and the client to develop a care plan designed to address the client/family’s goals during their stay at the Cocoon facility as well as supporting discharge plans.
The clinician works in collaboration with both the Cocoon team at the teen shelter, and the Everett Child and Family Team of Compass Health. Though the clinician’s clinical work will primarily involve the Cocoon team, this position includes the added benefit of participation in clinical supervision, staff meetings, and case consultation meetings with the Compass Health Team.
Job Title: Youth Therapist / Clinician II
Location: Everett / Monroe
Hours: Part-time (20 hours/week)
Wage: $19.53-36.12/hour, DOE
- MA/MS/MSW Degree in a Behavioral Science related field.
- Qualifies as a Mental Health Professional (MHP) as defined by WAC preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Evidence-Based Practices, or interest and ability to learn.
- Individuals who do not already hold a license or associate license through the Washington State Department of Health must submit Agency Affiliated
- Counselor application upon hire and be approved by the DOH.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License including vehicle and appropriate insurance, if applicable.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals with complex needs and multi-system involvement.
- Ability to maintain a positive, solution-focused demeanor when responding to conflicts or problems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- General computer proficiency, including the ability to utilize electronic medical record systems.
- Ability to pass pre-employment criminal background check.
Compass Health is the region’s largest private, non-profit organization providing mental health and substance use services in Snohomish, Skagit, Island, San Juan, and Whatcom counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative services to children, families and adults in a variety of outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though our commitment to care doesn’t stop with our clients as we take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance, which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs. Please visit our website for more information: www.compasshealth.org.